Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Commercials from Childhood

Ok so today’s post is about TV commercials we should all remember seeing as kids. I remember as a kid that whenever I saw a commercial dealing with a toy, I listened and everyone else had better shut up and left me alone so I could watch. Haha. There were a lot of awesome ones but there were also a lot of lame ones out there that came on to TV. One specific commercial I do remember was the Crossfire board game commercial.

Here check it out for yourself.



Haha wow! The commercial made it seem so badass but it was far from it. However those were some commercial geniuses because I remember I begged and begged and begged for that game. Luckily my parents never bought it for me because the game sucked. I remember playing it at a friend’s house and two minutes into it I wanted to quit. It was the worst game ever. It was almost like and endless game of air hockey except the triangle and star shaped pieces stayed in the middle. Worthless game but awesome commercial.


Alright now let’s talk about a little kid commercial. Everyone has got to remember Mr. Bucket. Who doesn’t? If you haven’t then either your parents were evil and never had a TV or didn’t let you watch TV as a child. But if you have seen it then you know the catchy tune that everyone just interpreted as what they said on the commercial. “Mr. Bucket, put your balls in his mouth, Mr. Bucket!” Haha. Of course that’s not what he said but everyone has wild imaginations and fun times making fun of it whenever it came on.

Check it out yourself


Ok one of the last great commercials I can remember right now is the Talk boy commercials. I hope everyone remembers this from Home Alone 2. Here watch it first.





Ok very misleading to kids. Everyone thought that when they got a talk boy they could do all these secret mission things and trick everyone. Well it doesn’t work like that at all. Haha far from it. It’s more like you just sit there and talk into it, mess up your voice a little and then you throw it to the side when you see another awesome commercial on TV. We as kids were dumb but oh well we were kids. Give us what we want and we will shut up haha.

Hey if you remember any other commercials, comment and leave a link to it from youtube.

Here is the song of the day. Black Keys are awesome. This is from their Brothers album.





1 comment:

  1. I remember this well really well..... http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Di_HYmELkyNM

    ReplyDelete

Tweet Follow @randomhero72